Content marketing is the go-to marketing strategy. The question is no longer whether or not to produce content, but which outlets you should use to reach your readers. How many ways can you reach out to your prospects?
The good people at the Content Marketing Institute researched the tactics used by content marketers. Surprisingly, most use an average of 12 different tactics! Here’s a rundown of the top five:
- Social media — These sites are mainly used as distribution channels to promote other content, like blogs and articles.
- Articles on outside website — Post articles on other websites to broaden your reach and drive traffic back to your website.
- Blog — Some 77 percent of marketers use blogs as part of their strategy. This is a simple and effective way to broadcast your message and draw searchers to your website.
- Email newsletter production — This tactic should be the foundation of your marketing plan. It actively delivers content directly to people who’ve signed up to receive your materials and serves as a launch site for further interaction with other content.
- Case study — With a case study, prospects can get a real-life perspective on how your services have helped another company.
Remember, these are just the most commonly used content marketing tactics. If an eBook, podcast, or webinar is a solid tactic to support your company’s strategy, then use that, too.