Cynics claim that Valentine’s Day is a holiday dreamed up by marketing departments at greeting card companies and florists worldwide. That would be quite a conspiracy! And if it is a marketing scheme, it has proven to be successful: in 2012, U.S. consumers spent about $17.6 billion for Feb. 14.
Even if your company isn’t involved in chocolate, flowers, or jewelry, you can still take a cue from Valentine’s Day to spice up your marketing mix. Successful marketing doesn’t just happen. Especially for B2B companies, marketing takes time, strict focus, consistency… and love to earn results.
Consider your newsletter like a love letter, courting your prospects. How can a newsletter help you? Let me count the ways:
- Stay top of mind — Remember Stevie Wonder’s mega-hit “I Just Called to Say I Love You?” A newsletter can have the same effect — just letting your prospects know you’re thinking of them.
- Special gifts — Exclusive offers to newsletter recipients make your prospects feel special and loved. Consider what giveaways are appropriate for your company and add them on the front page. Discounts on a particular service or an invitation to a webinar might be right for you.
- Engagement — Many people take advantage of Feb. 14 for a memorable, romantic marriage proposal. With a newsletter, you don’t have to wait for one specific day to come around. Your company can interact with potential clients consistently with an email newsletter that offers plenty of opportunities for engagement.
- Strengthen your relationship — With a newsletter, prospects can easily provide feedback, telling you what services or products they need. This two-way flow will make the bond between you and your prospects stronger.
- Make you look good — It’s natural to primp and show off a little for that special someone. Well-written, informed articles position your company as a thought leader in your industry.
B2B marketers stay in touch with customers and prospects through email newsletters. Use your newsletter to show your readers some love! You don’t have to be a hopeless romantic to see how regular communications will help build your relationships and consequently your business. Start sending love letters today.
Roses are red, violets are blue, When you need great marketing, Proven Systems is for you! Contact us right away to get started. email@example.com or 800-720-5398.